So I have to admit, even though I love fall decorations, Halloween decorations have never been my thing. So this year I tried to infuse the two together with a little fall (pumpkins and more natural textures like twigs) and Halloween (spider webs and a lot of black). I found these DIY Halloween Decorations and loved the idea of creating “poison” bottles from old wine and alcohol bottles I had laying around the house (hoarder much?). I loved putting my own spin on it using a gold pen to write on the black labels and naming them after ingredients found in Harry Potter potions. They were super easy to make and only took a few hours in the evening. Below check out how I styled them on my Halloween-themed bar chart and find out how to easily make your own!
What You’ll Need:
- empty & clean glass bottles (I used different shaped wine bottled and a Patron bottle)
- Matte Black Spray Paint
- Labels (I got mine from Michael’s Craft Store but you can also cut out scrap paper and make your own)
- Make sure each bottle is clean, all labels are taken off and all glue is cleaned off.
- Spray each bottle evenly with 2-3 coats of the spray paint
- Create the labels before hand, giving the ink enough time to dry depending on the label you use.
- One bottles are completely dry, carefully place the labels in the place you want them. (NOTE: The rounder the bottle, the more difficult it was to place the label flat.)